Today we will present you another newly founded initiative of SIMConnect: The SIMConnect Book Club
Be among the first participants of the SIMConnect BookClub, connect with SIMCies from other intakes and peers sharing similar interests, engaging in fun and stimulating discussions concerning your favourite topics!
- Each cycle will have a designated topic in order to foster variety
- Book club members will vote which books will be read
- Members can choose in each round whether they want to participate or not
- Participants prepare thoughts and ideas for meetings
- One person will act as moderator and prepare materials/questions for the meeting
- Meetings will take place at WU Campus (or online depending on the COVID-19 situation) on a weekday evening
- Discussions about the book and adjacent topics are the focus of the meeting
Unfortunately, for security matters, we were not able to have our Book Club Kick-Off in person but gathered on MS teams for a first chat on Tuesday, 13 October. The first book to be read will be
„The inevitable - the 12 technological forces that will shape our future“ by Kevin Kelly.
According to Kelly, much of what will happen in the next thirty years is inevitable. The future will bring with it even more screens, tracking, and lack of privacy. In the book he outlines twelve trends that will forever change the ways in which we work, learn and communicate.
Our first discussion will be online on Tuesday, November 3rd. Stay tuned for more infos and make sure to join the Book Club's WhatsApp Group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K7O5dXPQukBIfTqZrr4Oar
❗Join the the BookClub - because leaders are readers ❗
We’ve got two homes. One is our planet; one is our body. Many events held by theSustainability Department tackled sustainable ways of living to
Achieving a sustainable impact, learning by doing and sharing experiences, these were the ingredients for our joint event with SIMConnect and the next